Errant firework blamed for damage to C. Ind. house

By: The Associated Press Email
By: The Associated Press Email

Noblesville, Ind. An errant firework shot is being blamed for causing a fire that damaged a suburban Indianapolis home.

Officials in Noblesville say the firework broke through a first-floor window and caught a couch on fire late Thursday.

Fire officials say a resident of the subdivision was shooting fireworks into the air when one tipped and shot across the street into the house.

No one was inside the house at the time and no injuries were reported. Damage to the house was estimated at $6,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 214358811 - wndu.com/a?a=214358811