Elderly South Bend woman OK after microwave fire

By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email

South Bend, Ind. An elderly woman zapping food in the microwave got quite the surprise Friday morning, when the appliance caught on fire.

Firefighters were sent to Wood Ridge apartments around 10:30 a.m. Friday.

Wood Ridge is an assisted living community in South Bend.

The microwave malfunction caused a lot of smoke to fill the unit.

The complex's sprinkler system quickly put out the flames.

Thankfully, no one was injured.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233861991 - wndu.com/a?a=233861991