Goshen, Ind. Part of downtown Goshen was evacuated Friday after dangerous levels of gas were discovered in the basement of several buildings.
About a block and a half of downtown was cleared, from Second Street to Third Street and from Lincoln Ave. to Jefferson Street.
NIPSCO contacted Goshen police around noon to report a gas leak in the 200 block of W. Washington St.
Crews had been working in the area to repair a 2-inch, high pressure feeder line off a gas main that was struck on Tuesday.
NIPSCO opened up the affected buildings to air them out. People were able to return to their homes and businesses within a few hours.