Carbon monoxide suspected cause of 3 deaths in Gary home

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Police suspect carbon monoxide poisoning in the deaths of a Gary couple and their teenage grandson.

Officers found the bodies of 62-year-old Reginald Jones Jr., his 57-year-old wife Jean Ann and their 16-year-old grandson Larnell Jones Jr. Monday morning.

Police say the family was using a gasoline-powered generator after a storm knocked out their home's electricity last week.

Police officers and firefighters went to the home to check on the family after a relative reported she had been unable to contact them over the weekend.

The generator was inside the home's garage and had run out of gas. The garage door was down and all the home's windows were shut.

The Lake County Coroner's office plans to conduct autopsies on the bodies.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email:
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9417321 -
Gray Television, Inc.