Fire breaks out in Culver barracks

Ten cadets at Culver Academies were treated for smoke inhalation on Monday after an early morning fire in one of the barracks.

The fire broke out around 1:00 Monday morning on the third floor of the south barrack.

Investigators report that a cadet put a towel over a lamp and fell asleep while studying. It took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

The room has been gutted and the rest of the floor is damaged.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9399651 - wndu.com/a?a=9399651