Two brothers die from carbon monoxide fumes in home

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Authorities say two brothers died when they were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes in their northern Indiana home.

The Noble County Sheriff's Department says the boys, ages 12 and 14, were found dead in their home near Ligonier Monday night.

Police say the brothers were in the basement of their home, operating a gasoline-powered pump to fill a water tank for their horses. A faulty exhaust vent apparently allowed carbon monoxide fumes to leak into the basement.

The boys were found unconscious by their parents when they returned home about 5:45 p.m. The boys' names were not immediately released.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 37493959 - wndu.com/a?a=37493959