Investigators have found no evidence there was any problem with a recreational vehicle in which an Illinois man died of carbon monoxide poisoning outside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The RV the family was staying in did not have its engine or a generator running. But others nearby did, and investigators believe their emissions might have been pulled in through an open vent. Police say there's no indication of any wrongdoing.
Forty-three-year-old Michael Thies of Ruma, Illinois, died and three other family members were hospitalized before the Indy 500 on Sunday. Their RV was among several parked close together in a lot across the street from the track.