Nothing wrong found with RV after death near track

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

Investigators have found no evidence there was any problem with a recreational vehicle in which an Illinois man died of carbon monoxide poisoning outside the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The RV the family was staying in did not have its engine or a generator running. But others nearby did, and investigators believe their emissions might have been pulled in through an open vent. Police say there's no indication of any wrongdoing.

Forty-three-year-old Michael Thies of Ruma, Illinois, died and three other family members were hospitalized before the Indy 500 on Sunday. Their RV was among several parked close together in a lot across the street from the track.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 19354259