UPDATE: Several dogs rescued from South Bend house fire

By: NewsCenter 16 Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Email

SOUTH BEND, Ind.--- Several dogs were rescued Tuesday morning from a house fire in the 600 block of S 28th St. in South Bend.

No one was home at the time, but a neighbor saw smoke coming from the house and called 911 at around 10:15 a.m.

Four dogs were rescued from the house and are recovering from smoke inhalation.

An investigation later determined that the clothes dryer in the basement of the home was to blame for starting the fire.

Damage to the building was valued at $25,000.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 272717151 - wndu.com/a?a=272717151