French fries to blame for severe house fire

By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email
A severe house fire in Niles was started by a pan of French fries.

Courtesy: Craig Haupert/ Niles Daily Star

NILES A severe house fire in Niles was started by a pan of French fries.

A home in the 200 block of State Line Road went up in flames Monday morning. The homeowner tells the Niles Daily Star he was frying oil on the stove to make French fries, but when he dropped the fries in, a grease fire erupted.

A dog, a cat, and most of the family's belongings were destroyed in the fire, but fortunately none of the family was hurt.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 226109111 - wndu.com/a?a=226109111