Morton Elementary School catches fire

Voters were not able to cast their ballots at Morton School in Benton Harbor Tuesday. It was supposed to be a polling place, but the school caught on fire Monday.

Our reporting partner, WSJM, says firefighters were notified shortly before 9 p.m. Monday. Nobody was injured.

"I was in the house playing a game with my little brother and I come out and I see a lot of lights and the top of the school was on fire,” said Demonte Atkins a witness of the fire.

The Morton School voting booths were moved to the 200 Paw Paw Business Center.

For more information visit: http://www.wsjm.com/Morton-School-In-Benton-Harbor-Catches-Fire/13916734.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 165325706 - wndu.com/a?a=165325706