A fire this week at a Benton Harbor school caused only minor damage to the building's roof.
That's according to our reporting partners at the Herald Palladium.
It happened just before 9:00 Monday night at Morton Elementary School, which was supposed to serve as a polling place during Michigan's primary election the next day.
Officials said the fire could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for the quick action of first responders on the scene.
Most of the damage was from smoke and water and was contained to a 30-by-30-foot section of the roof.
The school district will have to clean the building and replace some ceiling tiles at a price tag of about $30,000 to $50,000.
The fire started while contractors were working to replace the school's roof.
A piece of equipment reportedly caused a spark and set fire to fumes given off by an adhesive they were using.
The work on the roof is still expected to be done in time for the first day of school.