Local dog euthanized after being injured by fireworks

By: NewsCenter16 Staff Email
By: NewsCenter16 Staff Email

A local dog had to be euthanized on Friday after being severely injured from fireworks.

According to our reporting partners at the Elkhart Truth, witnesses say that kids were throwing lit fireworks at the dog’s face.

When the dog picked up one of the fireworks in its mouth, the firework exploded.

The dog was brought to the Humane Society of Elkhart County on Friday and was immediately euthanized.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 214443111 - wndu.com/a?a=214443111
Gray Television, Inc.