Emergency crews called out to Mishawaka apartment complex

By: NewsCenter 16 Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Email

One person has been taken to a local hospital after a fire broke out in an apartment in Mishawaka.

The call came in to dispatchers at around 6:15 a.m.

The apartment was a part of the Studio 12 Apartments located in the 2700-block of Grape Road.

Nobody was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor saw smoke and made the call for help.

Several nearby apartments ended up having smoke and water damage. One person was taken and treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation.

Stay with newscenter 16 as we continue to follow this story.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180688811 - wndu.com/a?a=180688811
Gray Television, Inc.