Electrical wiring blamed for Winona Lake house fire

Faulty electrical wiring is being blamed for a house fire Friday night that damaged a Winona Lake home.

According to Stacey Page Online, the blaze broke out at around 11 p.m. in the 1200 block of Park Ave. Two people were inside the home when the fire started, but both managed to escape without injury.

Authorities investing the fire say the cause was accidental and sparked by an old-style knob and tube wiring system in the floor cavity. The unit set the insulation of fire, and the flames quickly spread through the second floor of the house from there.

Volunteers from the Red Cross Disaster Action Team were on the scene of a fourth house fire in the past week in Kosciusko County.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 194573971 - wndu.com/a?a=194573971
Gray Television, Inc.