Mishawaka residents received the all clear to return to their homes Saturday morning, after being evacuated Friday night for a chemical leak at a vacant industrial facility.
Mishawaka Fire Crews responded to a fire in the former Baycote Metal Furnishings plant around 8p.m. Friday. A chemical vapor had spread through the air, and officials evacuated hundreds of people from the south side of Mishawaka.
The Environmental Protection Agency was called in to help with the chemical cleanup, and residents who had been evacuated to the St. Joseph Church and school were able to return to their homes around 7a.m. Saturday.