Family dies from apparent carbon monoxide

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

MERRILLVILLE, Ind. Two children and two adults have been found dead inside their home from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Merrillville Police Chief Joseph Petruch says a relative found the family members dead Wednesday evening after going to check on them. Petruch tells The Times of Munster that the carbon monoxide came from a generator found in the home's garage.

Petruch says the rental home in the town just south of Gary didn't have electrical power. He says investigators believe the family could have died Saturday.

The Lake County coroner's office says those who died are 41-year-old Micheal Nichols, 38-year-old Kennetha Purnell, 13-year-old Matthew Nichols and 11-year-old Morgan Nichols.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 228157901 - wndu.com/a?a=228157901
Gray Television, Inc.