Coroner: 'Glee' actor Monteith died of overdose

By: Associated Press Email
By: Associated Press Email

VANCOUVER, British Columbia A coroner says 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner's office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 215765231 - wndu.com/a?a=215765231
Gray Television, Inc.