Saying no to sugar may be the key to weightloss
- It's a staple in kitchens, restaurants and bakeries. But it turns out, for some, a love affair with sugar can end on a sour note.
New 3D knee replacements are a better fit for patients
- In the past ten years the number of total knee replacements in the U.S. has doubled, and many of those patients are much younger than ever before.
Ankle replacements may relieve pain for arthritis patients
- Now, ankle replacements are giving patients a new lease on life.
Bariatric surgery may help those with diabetes
- Nearly 90-percent of people with type-two diabetes are obese, and as more Americans gain weight, they are more will likely face a diabetes diagnosis.
New box is improving the way lungs reach the transplant patient
- Each year, about 1400 lung transplants are performed in the U.S.
Study shows that dogs relieve stress in children suffering from cancer
- More than 13,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year.
Smoker? New lung cancer screening recommendations you need to know about
- But the findings of a National Cancer Institute trial have led to new screening recommendations, and new hope for the seven million Americans at high risk for lung cancer.
Experimental procedures benefiting Epilepsy patients
- Uncontrollable seizures plague the lives of those with Epilepsy.
New procedure lengthens toes
- Brachymetatarsia happens when there is a growth disturbance in a bone in the foot.
New treatment may help patients with prostate cancer
- More than 230,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year.
New test may help doctors spot diseases
- With more disease, an early diagnosis means a better prognosis. However, sometimes it is difficult, painful, and expensive to test for illnesses.
Neurologist exploring link between Down Syndrome and Alzheimer's
- More than five million Americans live with Alzheimer’s.
More Maureen's Medical Moment Headlines