New compound may cure the common cold
Updated: 5:44 PM
- Scientists are researching a new compound that could wipe out the common cold, influenza and many other viral infections.
Real-life rehab helping patients
- When patients suffer a brain injury, fall, or have balance issues, rehabilitation can make all the difference in their recovery.
How your nose is helping in the fight against cancer
- Tests showed Robert had a large, non-cancerous tumor pressing on his brain.
New procedure could help women with chronic weight issues
- Some women just can't lose weight, and for the estimated 11 percent of women with a chronic disorder, diet and exercise won't help at all.
A new alternative to open heart surgery
- Open-heart surgery is the gold standard for patients with severe aortic stenosis.
Conserving blood during heart surgery
- Now, some hospitals in the US are significantly reducing transfusion rates during heart surgery.
Fixing acid reflux disease for good
- Acid reflux disease, a condition commonly known as GERD, affects about one-third of Americans.
South Bend woman on a mission to spread the word about rare disorder
- A rare neurological disorder causes muscles to freeze up and affects more than 250,000 children and adults nationwide.
Ice therapy freezes hearts back into rhythm.
- It's a condition that causes heart palpitations, shortness of breath and dizziness. If untreated, can be life-threatening.
New treatment lengthens limbs
- Many face this problem. One leg is longer than the other, often leading to severe hip and back pain if not treated.
How doctors are making life-like facial prosthetics
- Meet one man who lost his ear to cancer, but you'd never know it by looking at him.
Electrical stimulation helps patients suffering from dystonia
- Dystonia is a mysterious neurological disorder that causes muscles to "freeze up" or work inconsistently.
More Maureen's Medical Moment Headlines