Two new drugs are helping those with metastatic melanoma
Updated: 12:30 PM
- It brightens the day and helps the grass grow. However, the sun is taking more lives every year in the United States.
Congenital diaphragmatic hernias in babies
- It's a condition that's as common as Spina Bifida or cystic fibrosis, but you've probably never heard of it.
New technology to help those with sleep apnea
- As many as 18 million Americans suffer from sleep apnea.
Ways to revive your flakey winter skin
- The outside cold, wind and dry indoor heating leave rough and dry patches all over our bodies.
Maureen's Medical Moment: Depressed preschoolers
- In a recent imaging study, Luby's group found depressed preschoolers had elevated activity in an area of the brain called the amygdala.
Cally's story: Long QT stops a young mother's heart.
- A young wife and mother's heart stops seven days after childbirth. Survived Long QT Syndrome when it's first symptom is often death.
Five clues signalling Alzheimer's disease
- More than 5-million Americans live with Alzheimer's disease and nearly 35 million have dementia.
Aspiration therapy helping patients lose weight
- More than one-third of Americans are obese, putting themselves at risk for heart disease, stroke, type-two diabetes, and certain cancers.
Prayers for Zachary: Elkhart boy spends third month in hospital
- Zachary Talley, a freshman at Elkhart Memorial High School spends his third month in the hospital because of a rare neurological disorder.
New lung valve is opening airways for COPD patients
- Twenty four million Americans suffer from some form of COPD. Now, a new device is helping these patients live longer and breathe easier.
What you need to know before your child takes the field or court
- Some young athletes play with a ticking time bomb in their chest.
Chicago hospital learning to fight infections
- Almost 2 million people go to the hospital for help and end up suffering from a super bug they caught while there.
More Maureen's Medical Moment Headlines