New clot-busting drugs
- As many as 100,000 Americans die each year from pulmonary embolism, or blood clots in the lungs.
'Miracle' heart procedure now available to more patients
- Patients used to have to undergo an invasive, open-heart surgery to replace the faulty valve. Now there's an easier option and it's available to more people who need it.
Kids' life-saving cancer treatments can be fatal in adulthood
- They're survivors that beat the odds as children, fighting cancer and winning. But what was once the cure is now the culprit. That same life-saving treatment could kill them later in life.
New technology to fix flat polyps may prevent major operations
- Colon cancer is the second-leading cancer killer among men and women in the United States.
How much exercise is too much after a knee replacement?
- Seven hundred thousand Americans have knee replacement surgery every year to relieve the excruciating pain of worn out joints.
Study: 75% of kids consume caffeine daily
- A new study in the Journal Pediatrics found 75 percent of kids and teens consume caffeine every day.
Dental hygiene: critical to overall health
- Besides bad breath, it is easy to ignore the effects of poor oral hygiene.
New robotic hair restoration
- By age 35, more than half of American men will have some degree of hair loss. By 50, 85-percent are a lot thinner on top.
Winona Lake mom to donate kidney for 2-year-old son
- As parents we would do just about anything for our kids, and for a Winona Lake mom, that means donating a kidney to her two-year-old son.
7 wacky sleep facts
- The average new parent loses 1,056 hours of sleep the first year of their child's life? That's almost 44 days! But just how important is sleep?
Preventing testicular cancer in young men
- We all know about prostate cancer and how men of a certain age should be tested.
New thyroid cancer test minimizes patient surgery
- Thyroid cancer is the most rapidly increasing type of cancer in the U.S., with 63,000 new cases diagnosed in the past year.
More Maureen's Medical Moment Headlines