New procedure turns up the heat on tumors
- More than 69,000 Americans are diagnosed with a brain tumor every year. Many of them will need an aggressive treatment plan that includes major surgery.
Detecting blood clots in young patients
- Blood clots can be dangerous, and even deadly. Every year, up to 200,000 Americans die from a blood clot that travels to their lungs.
New procedure uses less radiation to fix abnormal heart rhythms
- About one in every 1,000 children has an abnormal heart rhythm.
Helping children with Alice in Wonderland syndrome
- It’s an unusual condition with a colorful name. Kids with Alice in Wonderland syndrome see sudden distortions in objects they are looking at.
New technology can 'reset' your face
- There are more than 3.5 million cases of skin cancer each year. It's the most common form of cancer in the United States.
New pain-free procedure for trigger finger sufferers
- Texting a friend or calling a family member can be impossible for some people. They have a painful hand problem that causes their fingers to lock and stiffen. But, a simple outpatient opportunity is finally giving them a reason to high five.
Brain surgery in 3-D
- Neurosurgeons now have a new approach to brain surgery using the same 3D glasses you would put on at an IMAX movie theater.
Chemotherapy drug combined with hormone therapy is giving prostate cancer patients new hope
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men after skin cancer.
Affordable cosmetic procedure 'freezes' fat
- Love handles, back fat, stomach pooches - most of us are familiar with the terms and what they mean.
New blood test may predict heart transplant rejection
- Now, a new approach could change the way doctors predict transplant rejection without expensive, invasive procedures.
New vibrating braces may speed up results
- The AcceleDent device can move teeth faster for people with braces. It uses gentle micro pulses to remodel bones.
New app may save lives
- From maps, to games, to tracking how many steps you take, there are apps for just about everything!
More Maureen's Medical Moment Headlines