Boosting your Medical Memory
- Good communication between patients and physicians is critical to care, but the average person remembers less than half of what doctors say during their office visits.
Say what!? The invisible hearing aid
- Hearing loss is the third most common physical condition after heart disease and arthritis. Hearing aids used to be the only option for those with moderate to severe hearing problems, but now an invisible device is giving patients a new choice.
Gotta go, Gotta go? Ending Urinary Incontinence without surgery
- Millions of women suffer from an embarrassing problem that we don't want to talk about.
Bladder Matters: The Incontinence Implant for Kids
- It can cause embarrassment and even pain. Thousands of children suffer with urinary incontinence every day.
"Smokin" flu vaccine. Medicine's next big thing?
- Cancer, emphysema, and heart disease, using tobacco can cause them all. In fact, the National Cancer Institute says it's the leading cause of preventable illness and death in the United States.
Shoulders-relief for rotator cuff tears
- While athletes suffer from traumatic forms of the injury, for many others age is to blame for torn rotator cuffs. It's believed millions of Americans over 60 suffer from one.
Stopping copper to stop cancer
- Too many women and those who love them know all too well that aggressive breast cancer can be very hard to beat. Even if women do overcome it, there's a good chance it could come back.
Bubba bounces back! Stem cell treatment for dogs
- From repairing torn ligaments to rebuilding bones, stem cell procedures are helping mankind in many ways. Now, man's best friend is getting in on the action too.
Chew on this! Hearing device for the mouth
- 36 million adults in the U.S. report some degree of hearing loss, but only one in five people who could benefit from a hearing aid uses one. But now there is a new mouth device of all things that could help many hear much better.
New Laborist Program at area hospital
- Having a baby is one of the most exciting times in a couple's life. Even so, the thought of the actually delivery, especially for first time mom and dads can be scary.
Egg Beater: Overcoming a Food Allergy
- For 15 million Americans with food allergies, what they eat could kill them. The problem seems to be on the rise too. The CDC reports an 18 percent increase between 1997 and 2007.
Fighting Male Infertility: What not to do
- Millions of couples suffer from infertility. While many people tend to think of it as being a problem with the woman, at least 50 percent of the time it's because of the man.
More Maureen's Medical Moment Headlines