Mother Sues LaPorte School District

The mother of a boy who died when he choked on a hot dog at school in LaPorte is suing the district.

Last September, 9-year-old Juan Loera choked and stopped breathing during lunch at Hailmann elementary school.

His mother, Maria Rosales, contend school personnel acted in a negligent manner.

In the lawsuit, Rosales alleges the school corporation failed to train staff in the Heimlich maneuver, CPR and first aid.

She also contends the school failed to put procedures in place to handle such medical emergencies.


WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5517996 - wndu.com/a?a=5517996
Gray Television, Inc.