Family Dead from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Three members of a Kosciusko County family are dead from carbon monoxide poisoning near Joplin, Missouri.

Police say 40 year old Jeffrey Cox and his two children, 17 year old Kayla and 14 year old Derrick died after carbon monoxide filled their trailer.

The coroner says they had a blood level of carbon monoxide more than 70 times what it would take to survive.

A fourth person in the trailer 39-year old Leslie Hodges was able to get out and call 911.

The family had a portable gas generator inside their horse trailer.


WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4644771 - wndu.com/a?a=4644771
Gray Television, Inc.