Two people were hurt Saturday after a meth lab exploded inside a Warsaw hotel.
Emergency crews were called to the 2500 block of East Center Street just before 6 p.m. Saturday. Upon arrival, they found the bathroom of a second story room on fire.
The explosion had blown the bathroom door off its hinges and caused the ceiling in both that room and an adjoining room to come falling down.
Police found Paul Luna, 36, of Ligonier running away with his shoes and pants still smoldering.
He had severe burns to his arms and head and was flown to a Fort Wayne burn unit for treatment.
Luna told initially told investigators that James Kern, 22, of Cromwell was also injured in the explosion. But a detailed investigation shows Kern was nowhere near the Days Inn at the time of the explosion.
During the investigation, police found out that a bystander was also injured after he entered the room with a fire extinguisher and suffered smoke inhalation.
Guests have been allowed back inside but four hotel rooms were closed off and quarantined due to fire and water damage.