A Warsaw man is recovering from severe burns after police say his own meth lab operation exploded.
Wednesday morning the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to Kosciusko Community Hospital after Toby Daniel Jackson, 31, Warsaw, had been transported to the emergency room by his mother suffering from burn wounds.
Originally Jackson told officials that he had been burning trash with gasoline and that it flashed back to the can, exploding and burning him. Jackson was then transferred to the St. Joseph Regional Burn Center, Fort Wayne, in serious condition with 2nd degree burns to his arms, neck, and hands.
After further investigation information was provided to undercover officers that led them to the an undisclosed location near the intersection of Armstrong Road and County Road 675 East, just west of North Webster.
Officers located evidence of a one-pot method methamphetamine lab that had apparently exploded, along with other meth related items.
Jackson remains in the burn unit and is expected to be formally charged by the Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office.