Valentine Chicken with Heart
2 Chicken breasts
1 qt. Tomato Sauce
1 Garlic clove
1 t. pepper
2 Plum or Roma tomatoes
6 T. Olive Oil
- Place tomatoes on parchment baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, bake 300 F. 4 hours or until they collapse to resemble sun-dried tomato. Do multiple batches of these and have them ready ahead for other recipes too. Place excess amount into freezer bags and drizzle contents with olive oil to store.
- Place chicken on parchment, bake in preheated 400 F. oven 25 minutes.
- Cut a 2” slice all the way through the larger end of the breast, and pull slightly apart to shape breast into a heart shape….place a cherry pepper in the cut to help hold that heart shape till it is removed from the dutch oven.
- Place chicken in dutch oven that you have oiled.
- Add sauce, garlic, and pepper. Bake, covered 25 minutes at 350F.
- To plate, remove cherry pepper (it is just to help shape the chicken, not to be eaten with this recipe).
- The tomato sauce will have crusted on the chicken, this is the goal. Garnish with the dried tomato slices. This is for intense red color for Valentine’s Day and the flavor is whimsical with tomatoes of different tastes and textures.
Recipe makes two servings. Enjoy.
Valentine Jasmine Bleu Almond Rice Basket
2 Soft tortillas
2 cups Jasmine rice, cooked
½ lb. Bleu cheese
4 T. Slivered almonds, toasted
1 T. Pepper
2 T. Olive Oil