UPDATE: Smoking materials cause Bristol fatal fire

By: NewsCenter 16 Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Email

BRISTOl, Ind. The fatal fire that killed two people was started by improperly discarded smoking materials, according to our reporting partners at the Elkhart Truth.

The mobile home fire killed 67-year-old Cindy Kabay and her son 42-year-old Chad Russell.

The two of them were found near the entrance to the home.

Russell died of carbon monoxide poisoning, and his mother died of natural cause due to a long history of health issues.

Medical oxygen tanks were in the home at the time, but it is unknown if they contributed to the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 237543511