Third victim dies from burns suffered from a fire on Feb. 11

A third victim has died from injuries sustained in a fire that also killed two sisters.

After a month of battling his injuries, Cordell Mahone, 25, died in a burn unit at the University of Michigan. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition after the early morning blaze broke out in the 1200 block of Haney Avenue on February 11.

There were two adults and three kids inside the home when the fire started. Me'chielle Marshall, 4, and Navaeh Marshall, 6, died from smoke inhalation. Their mother, and another daughter Lanayja survived by jumping from a window.

Investigators believe the fire started in the living room.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 198507611 - wndu.com/a?a=198507611
Gray Television, Inc.