A very popular restaurant in New Buffalo is starting over with a clean slate, after the building was destroyed by fire this summer.
Back in mid-July, employees were serving a full dinner crowd when smoke started pouring through the building. The blaze was blamed on an electrical problem.
Everyone was evacuated safely without any injuries, but the restaurant was badly damaged.
After much anticipation, crews have broken ground on a new building for the restaurant, which will sit on the same site along North Whittaker St.
The stray dog posted this photo on their Facebook page with the exciting news.
They expect to reopen in the spring.