Several road projects get underway this week that are going to cause delays.
St. Joseph County
- Crews are beginning the final phase of the new 20 mile stretch of U.S. 31 between South Bend and Plymouth. Starting Monday, U.S. 31 will be down to one lane in each direction between Kern and the U.S. 20 Bypass. INDOT is encouraging residents to avoid the area if possible. Johnson Rd. is also closing for new bridge construction.
- Expect lane restrictions on S.R. 23 between Twykenham Dr. and Campeau St. in the Five Points intersection in South Bend. Crews are going to be putting in traffic signal sensors and finishing the final surface of the road. The project will last until mid-July.
- Crews will be resurfacing State Road 933 between Capital Avenue and the Elkhart County line. There’s no word yet on how long the project will last.
- There will be lane restrictions on Ironwood Dr. between Ewing Ave. and Sixth St. Traffic will be down to one lane in each direction with no eastbound turns at Delaware St. or Sixth St.
- Starting at 7 a.m. Monday, you can expect one lane to be closed on the Blossomland and Bicentennial bridges in St. Joseph and Benton harbor. It should last until about 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- There will be lane closures on both east and westbound I-94 between M-63 and Britain Avenue. Work will be going on in the median there through May 2.
**Our reporting partners at WSJM and Michiana’s News Channel contributed to this report**