Photo courtesy Herald Palladium
BENTON HARBOR Fire destroyed a home while the resident slept through fire alarms.
It happened on Superior Street in Benton Harbor just after midnight Monday.
A woman was home sleeping at the time but did not hear the fire alarm. She eventually woke up to neighbors pounding on the front door. Her husband was not home.
The cause of the fire hasn't been determined, but WSJM says she told fire crews the stove had been left on overnight to help heat the home.
The house is a total loss.