Watch 16 Morning News each weekday to catch our Question of the Day. Post your answers on Facebook or email AMQuestion@wndu.com for a chance to win a 16 Morning News coffee mug, just like the ones Tricia, Kate and David use.
Answers are announced during the show each weekday morning. We will update all of the questions here weekly. If you are one of our lucky winners, look for a message from us via email or Facebook. You can also call (574) 284-3000 and ask for Natalie. After you claim your mug, snap a picture of yourself using it and share it with us on Facebook!
- 3/7/2014 - 10 percent of people have done this while cheering on their favorite team. What is it?
Broken their cell phone
- 3/6/2014 - The average person does this 98 times per year. What is it?
Eats cereal for breakfast
Winner: Chuck Bradley - Winona Lake, Ind.
- 3/5/2014 - Women think about this five times a day, while men only give it a thought once every other day. What is it?
Winner: Christian Santiaago
- 3/4/2014 - Three-quarters of Americans don't trust another person to do this routine task for them. What is it?
Winner: Brittany Rabel Fish - Nappanee, Ind.
- 3/3/2014 - The average person has six of these in his or her kitchen. What is it?
Winner: Shelly Osborn Ottinger - Edwardsburg, Mich.
- 2/28/2014- Half of us do this six times per day. What is it?
Hit the snooze button
Winner: Tammy Muncie - Elkhart, Ind.
- 2/27/2014- Most 12-15 year olds have never met a quarter of these. What are they?
Winner: Mack Mccormick
- 2/26/2014- 50 percent of women, but less than 40 percent of men, do this each day. What is it?
Take a vitamin
Winner: Jess Berkshire - Elkhart, Ind.
- 2/25/2014- 50 percent of children will get this before they turn 4. What is it?
Winner: Betsy Hodgman Hulett - Niles, Mich.
- 2/24/2014- The average person does this 100 times each day. What is it?
Check the time
Winner: Debbie Daily Masson - Plymouth, Ind.
- 2/21/2014 - Americans spend four seconds longer in this place today than they did five years ago, all because of texting. Name the place.
Winner: Valerie Barker - Benton Harbor, Mich.
- 2/20/2014 - What dinnertime tradition to three-quarters of Americans uphold?
Sitting in the same place
Winner: Karen Witt
- 2/19/2014 - 14 percent of men say they have never done this routine household chore. What is it?
Replacing the toilet paper roll
Winner: Monika Nadolski - Pierceton, Ind.
- 2/18/2014 - The average American has about $55 worth of these in their homes. What is it?
Winner: Elizabeth Hope McDaniel - Edwardsburg, Mich.
- 2/17/2014 - 20 percent of drivers broke this law last year. What is it?
Parked in a handicap spot
Winner: Mark Vanderwall - Elkhart, Ind.
- 2/14/2014 - February brings a 30 percent spike in business for this industry. What is it?
Winner: Mike Teske
- 2/13/2014 - The average person over age 65 has ten more of these today than they did in the 1960's. What is it?
Winner: Kim Dienes
- 2/12/2014 - There are 436 of these for every person in the U.S. What is it?
Winner: Monica Lau Pletcher - Elkhart, Ind.
- 2/11/2014 - The average person cleans this every 110 days. What is it?
Winner: Lisa Tamlin Santiago
- 2/10/2014 - People do this 80 percent less often today, compared to the 1960's. What is it?
Winner: Tanya Mead
- 2/7/2014 - When it comes to parenting, what task takes Mom an average of 31 seconds longer than Dad?
Change a diaper
Winner: Mary Krick
- 2/6/2014 - The average person uses close to 5 dozen of these each day. What is it?
Toilet paper squares
Winner: Karla Slovinski - Goshen, Ind.
- 2/5/2014 - One third of adults say it disgusts them out when co-workers do this at work. What is it?
Take shoes off
Winner: Brandon Thomas, Sr. - Argos, Ind.
- 2/4/2014 - 40 percent of us have one of these in our hall closets right now. What is it?
Winner: Rhonda Maynard
- 2/3/2014 - 10 percent of people say they get so stressed out in this daily situation that they sometimes cry. What is it?
Winner: John Goodman - Winamac, Ind.
- 1/31/2014 - There are currently about 300,000 of these items in the U.S., but there used to be a lot more. What is it?
Winner: Janette Myers - Marcellus, Mich.
- 1/30/2014 - What is the number one thing that people say puts them in a bad mood in the morning?
Spilling on yourself
Winner: Amanda Imler - Watervliet, Mich.
- 1/29/2014 - 79 percent of adults haven't been to one of these in more than a decade. What is it?
Winner: Susan Petersen Oldenburg
- 1/28/2014 - People have about 150 of these on average, but the average person only uses 15. What is it?
Winner: MaryKay Thul Longacre - Goshen, Ind.
- 1/27/2014 - The average person takes five tries to get this right. What is it?
Winner: Ryan Kelley
- 1/24/2014 - Americans rank tofu and liver as the top two foods they hate most. What is number 3?
Winner: Stephanie Brown
- 1/23/2014 - The top pet peeve of guests staying in someone else's home is being left alone. What's number two?
Running out of toilet paper
Winner: Jennifer Gardner - Berrien Springs, Mich.
- 1/22/2014 - A quarter of Americans say they feel guilty all day long if they don't do this in the morning. What is it?
Make the bed
Winner: Gail Larson Holmes - Eau Claire, Mich.
- 1/21/2014 - The majority of pet owners do this when they leave their homes. What is it?
Leave their radio or TV on
Winner: Misty Glandon - Syracuse, Ind.
- 1/20/2014 - What do 20 percent of children say they would do every day, if they were president?
Eat ice cream
Winner: Charmaine Davis
- 1/17/2014 - 12 percent of pharmacists say this is the question they most frequently answer. What is it?
Can I take this with alcohol?
- 1/16/2014 - 80 percent of women own at least one of these, and they typically keep it for 11 years. What is it?
Little black dress
Winner: Vikki York - Niles, Mich.
- 1/15/2014 - What do more than half of Americans list as the most annoying thing they read on Facebook?
Friends' posts bragging about diet and exercise success
Winner: Judy Escher Carter
- 1/14/2014 - When men were asked what behavior they find most annoying in women, the top answer was acting virtuous when they are not. What was the number two response?
Criticizing other women
Winner: Sandy Holderread - Plymouth, Ind.
- 1/13/2014 - What do women say is the most immature behavior they witness in men?
Laughing at their own burps and farts
Winner: Pamela Farrow-Spence
- 1/10/2014 - What do 25 percent of pet owners admit to doing with their pets' food?
Taste testing it
Winner: Kim Sundheimer Zellers - Warsaw, Ind.
- 1/9/2014 - What do 14 percent of employers admit to doing, to test employees' trustworthiness?
Drive by their house to see if they're really sick
Winner: Lori Yardley - St. Joseph, Mich.
- 1/8/2014 - The average person loses one of these every three to five minutes. What is it?
Winner: Linda Caudill
- 1/7/2014- A survey asked what you would do if you stumbled on an extra $100. The top answers were "go shopping" or "eat out." What was the third most common response?
Fill the car with gas
Winner: Jodi Strombeck
- 1/6/2014 - 75 percent of adults could do this when they were young, but can't anymore. What is it?
Play an instrument
Winner: Vicky Zion - South Bend, Ind.
- 1/3/2014 - 77 percent of people who own this object say they have never used it. What is the object?
Winner: Sue Coates
- 1/2/2014 - It took 4 seconds to do this in 2012. Now it only takes 2 seconds. What is it?
Pump a gallon of gas
Winner: Josh Hickey
- 1/1/2014 - A million of these will be purchased this year, but less than a third of them will actually be used. What is it?
Work out videos
Winner: Vanessa Commins - Niles, Mich.
- 12/31/2013 - 20 percent of all working people did this in the month of December. What is it?
Winner: Jessica Geiser - Goshen, Ind.
- 12/30/2013 - The average child will start asking for this before they turn 5 years old. What is it?
A cell phone
Winner: Christie Irene Stevens - Elkhart, Ind.
- 12/27/2013 - 5 percent of the population will use a phone to do this today. What is it?
Find a missing cell phone
Winner: Melissa Shock - Mishawaka, Ind.
- 12/26/2013 - Studies show coffee is the most recognized scent in the world. What ranks second?
Winner: Jilali Trabando
- 12/24/2013 - What holiday activity sends 1100 people to the hospital each year?
Putting a star on top of the tree
Winner: Marsha Preis - Dowagiac, Mich.
- 12/23/2013 - 15 percent of people will give this person a holiday gift. Who is it?
Winner: Andrea Thornton
- 12/20/2013 - Over the course of a lifetime, the average American will spend 37,000 hours doing this. What is it?
Sitting in a car
Winner: Mary Brewer - Sawyer, Mich.
- 12/19/2013 - Americans name Congress as the most dishonest profession. Who do they list as the most honest and trustworthy?
Winner: Donna Quinn
- 12/18/2013 - Two-thirds of women criticize men for wearing this after age 35. What is it?
Winner: Tonya Moser Kinney
- 12/17/2013 - Only 10 percent of us can do this every day. What is it?
Wake up without an alarm clock
Winner: Teresa Avila
- 12/16/2013 - What do 70 percent of men list as a top priority when choosing a new home?
Winner: Bill Curtis - Wyatt, IN
- 12/13/2013 - 12 Americans have done something that no one from any other country has ever done. What is it?
Walk on the moon
Winner: Dixie Kile - Edwardsburg, MI
- 12/12/2013 - 30 percent of Americans don't know how to do this. What is it?
Winner: Bob Strozewski
- 12/11/2013 - What will 46 percent of Americans only do one time at each job?
Check their phone
Winner: Angie Mead - Niles, MI
- 12/10/2013 - 2/3 of the population does this at least once each hour. 1 in 10 people do it every five minutes. What is it?
Check their phone
Winner: Cynthia Reed - Lakeville, IN
- 12/9/2013 - People do this more often on Mondays, compared to other days. What is it?
Lock keys in car
Winner: Katie Phillips – Dowagiac, MI
- 12/6/2013 - What is the most stressful thing 23 percent of men say they have ever done?
Plan their wedding
Winner: Denise McGhee Hoskin
- 12/5/2013 - What do three in ten women say they would change about themselves, if it were possible?
Winner: Jennifer Conde-Long - Jones, MI
- 12/4/2013 - Most children spend two days making this each year. What is it?
Winner: Jenny Lyn Northrop
- 12/3/2013 - The average 30-something does this 200 times a year. What is it?
Eat out at a restaurant
Winner: Joan Collins Newsome
- 12/2/2013 - The #1 comfort food for women is ice cream, but what’s #1 for men?
Winner: Sherri Bolenbaugh, Elkhart
- 11/29/2013 - Professional cleaners say this object, found at the office, has more germs than the toilet handle. What is it?
Coffee pot handle
Winner: Jenn Quinn Miller, Nappanee
- 11/28/2013 - What will 58 percent of women do today after they put the turkey on the table?
Yell at their husband to quit watching sports
Winner: Jessica Butterworth
- 11/27/2013 - The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade uses a massive amount of *this* product, coming in second only to the U.S. Government. What is the product?
Winner: Lisa Horn Adams
- 11/26/2013 - What do 30 percent of workers list as their favorite part about going to work?
Hearing office gossip
Winner: Shelley Rose, Elkhart
- 11/25/2013 - The top grocery items sold during the week of Thanksgiving are:
What is number 5?
Winner: Carol Hartleroad
- 11/22/2013 - The biggest one of these ever made was just over 2,000 lbs and used 16 lbs. of bacon. What is it?
World's largest hamburger
Winner: Becky Sobieralski - Niles, MI
- 11/21/2013 - 48% of women will ask for help with this even though they don’t want to. What is it?
Zip up a dress
Winner: Samantha Hunsberger - South Bend, IN
- 11/20/2013 - Americans ate less than 5 pounds of this food item per year back in the early 1900's. Now we consume eat more than 25 pounds each year. What is the food item?
Winner: Sheila Britton
- 11/19/2013 - Though a lot more of us probably eat this, only three percent will admit to eating it? What is it?
Food off the floor
Winner: Richard Rood Sr. - Middlebury, IN
- 11/18/2013 - According to one poll, nearly 30 percent of people turned down a vacation for what reason?
They didn't want to leave their pets
Winner: Karen Minarik - South Bend, IN
- 11/15/2013 - A recent survey reveals this phrase is the most annoying thing you can say to your boss. What is it?
"With all due respect"
Winner: Judy Stevens - Warsaw, IN
- 11/14/2013 - What is a task that 44 percent of men say they don't do themselves?
Pack their own suitcase
Winner: Kyle Briggs Stethem
- 11/13/2013 - A survey asked people what three things they could not live without. What were they?
Internet, TV, cuddling
Winner: Steven Tommy "Fishy" Robertson - South Bend, IN
- 11/12/2013 - This will be on the dinner table in 18 percent of Americans' homes tonight. What is it?
Winner: Leslie Howard-Redweik
- 11/11/2013 - More than half of American Presidents also served in this position at some point during their lives. What is it?
Winner: Sara Easter Hampton - Mishawaka, IN
- 11/8/2013 - About 255 million of these were produced in the U.S. last year; most came from Minnesota. What are they?
Winner: Roy Smothermom - Edwardsburg, MI
- 11/7/2013 - People who work at a desk job are likely to do *this* more often... What is it?
Go to the bathroom
Winner: Paul Miller - Mishawaka, IN
- 11/6/2013 - An average kid in the U.S. will do this an average of 1500 times by the time they graduate high school. What is it?
Eat a PB&J sandwich
Winner: Anthony Mobley
- 11/5/2013 - Where do 40 percent of couples say they most often have their most important conversations?
In the car
Winner: Andrea Mackey Schopbach - Niles, MI
- 11/4/2013 - 46 percent of us do this, despite having the technology that lets us avoid it. What is it?
Watch commercials on shows we DVR'd
Winner: Christina Martin Cassel - Bremen, IN
- 11/1/2013 - What's the most common excuse men use when pulled over by a cop?
GPS or speedometer made me do it
Winner: Tommie Moore Schmidt - Union, MI
- 10/31/2013 - Which public employee makes the highest salary?
Winner: Richard Johnson
- 10/30/2013 - 10% of auto accidents are caused by this. What is it?
Winner: Robert Bressler - Sodus, MI
- 10/29/2013 - Americans throw away 92% of these without using them. What are they?
Winner: Deb Forrest