Popular Italian restaurant torn down after fire

A popular Italian restaurant that nearly burned down has now been torn to the ground.

Last week demolition crews removed what was left of Francesco’s Ristorante Italiano along Lincolnway West -- near the intersection of Logan and Licolnway -- in Mishawaka. The building had sat dormant and became a safety hazard following a suspicious February 2012 overnight fire.

NewsCenter 16 spoke off-camera with owner Frank Catanzariti Tuesday who said he wants to rebuild the eatery on the stone-filled lot. However, the city planning department says it's received no proposal for new construction.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 188899181 - wndu.com/a?a=188899181
Gray Television, Inc.