A popular Italian restaurant that nearly burned down has now been torn to the ground.
Last week demolition crews removed what was left of Francesco’s Ristorante Italiano along Lincolnway West -- near the intersection of Logan and Licolnway -- in Mishawaka. The building had sat dormant and became a safety hazard following a suspicious February 2012 overnight fire.
NewsCenter 16 spoke off-camera with owner Frank Catanzariti Tuesday who said he wants to rebuild the eatery on the stone-filled lot. However, the city planning department says it's received no proposal for new construction.