A warning for anyone who spends time in their own backyard.
On Friday, we spoke with a Granger mother who suffered an extreme reaction to a "euphorbia plant."
Found across our area, the plant has thick roots and a poisonous milky sap.
That sap ended-up on Ryanne Golden's face during a recent backyard clean-up project causing her eyes to swell and her cheeks to blister.
"When I was being taken to the hospital, I was like I would much rather have a baby then have to go through this,” said Golden. “It was just burning, my face was on fire. Yeah it was just very painful. It felt like acid had been poured all over my face. It had gotten in my eyelids, yeah everywhere."
A picture of the "euphorbia plant" is posted with this article. Experts strongly recommend using gloves should you try removing it from your yard.