Pet Vet: Dangers of human food and trash

Dogs going through the trash is not only a headache for their owners; it can also be extremely dangerous for the animal. Spoiled foods, sharp bones and other items can create many problems, including pancreatitis.

Feeding dogs table food or switching suddenly between dog foods can also cause pancreatitis. 16 Pet Vet Dr. David Visser also advises against giving dogs bones – even if they’re store-bought.

Symptoms include decreased appetite, vomiting and diarrhea, as well as indication that the animal is in pain.

Early treatment is key to a dog’s recovery. Treatments include nutritious IV’s and a bland diet.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 238708231 - wndu.com/a?a=238708231
Gray Television, Inc.