UPDATE: Goshen gas leak caused by fiber optic project

By: NewsCenter 16 staff Email
By: NewsCenter 16 staff Email

Goshen, Ind. A gas leak Tuesday forced people to evacuate for hours.

The Elkhart Truth reports that crews were boring for a fiber optic project in Goshen, and hit a natural gas line in the 200 block of W. Washington Street.

Residents and businesses in a one-block radius of the area were evacuated, and power was turned off. NIPSCO wouldn't even send their repair crew in immediately, because of the high risk for an explosion.

Folks were allowed to return to the area around 7 Tuesday night.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233503851 - wndu.com/a?a=233503851