Parents on meth while carbon monoxide killed son

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

WARSAW, Ind. (AP) - A northern Indiana couple have been charged with neglect and reckless homicide in connection with the fatal carbon monoxide poisoning of their 12-year-old son while they were high on methamphetamine.

Thirty-four year-old Darrick Spore and 33-year-old Candy Sue Chamness, both of Syracuse, were both being held Monday in the Kosciusko County Jail on $150,000 bonds.

Police found Skyler Spore found dead in the family's home on June 28 while two gas-powered generators were running. An autopsy determined the cause of death.

A probable cause affidavit filed with the charges on Friday says officers found that both Chamness and Spore were under the influence of methamphetamine at the time of their son's death.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 272615281 - wndu.com/a?a=272615281