The parents of a 12-year-old boy that was tragically found dead inside a home in Syracuse have now been charged in the death.
According to Stacey Page Online, Darrick Spore, 34, and Candy Chamness, 33, the parents of Skylar Spore, 12, have been arrested for the neglect of a dependent resulting in death and reckless homicide.
The Syracuse Police Department, Kosciuko County Coroner’s Office, Department of Child Services and the Kosciusko Major Crimes Task Force conducted an investigation into the death.
The parents were in the home when the boy died.
Skylar died June 28 from carbon monoxide poisoning. Investigators believed that he was poisoned by the exhaust of two unventilated gas generators in the home.
Both Darrick Spore and Candy Chamness are being held in the Kosciusko County Jail on $150,000 bond.