Candle, nail polish remover spark Castle Point apartments fire

By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email

ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Ind. A fire at the Castle Point apartment complex Wednesday afternoon was started by a candle and finger nail polish remover, according to the Clay Fire Marshall.

The call came in about 4:30 p.m. to 2415 Coachmans Trail inside the complex.

The fire started in a second floor room and crews were able to put it out in about 20 minutes.

No injuries were reported but a family will be spending the night in another unit at the apartment complex.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249974431 - wndu.com/a?a=249974431