Michigan counts students to determine funding

By: NewsCenter 16 Email
By: NewsCenter 16 Email

Public school districts across Michigan are preparing for the first student-count day of the new school year.

"Fall Count Day" will determine 90 percent of per-pupil funding for the 2012-2013 academic year. A winter count day in February makes up the remaining 10 percent.

The per-pupil average will be calculated after count day data is audited.

Many schools hold special events to make sure students come to class.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 172441791 - wndu.com/a?a=172441791