Late night fire leaves mom and son homeless

Warsaw, Ind. A late night kitchen fire nearly destroyed a home and required help from three different departments.

The blaze broke out around 10 p.m. Monday at 3787 North 400 West in Warsaw. Crews from Atwood, Leesburg, and Warsaw responded.

The fire started in a hood over the kitchen stove. Firefighters say it was probably sparked by an electrical malfunction. Heavy smoke damage throughout the house may mean it's a total loss.

The home was owned by Dawn Klinger, and the Red Cross is currently helping her and her son with temporary shelter.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 235276621