Police continue to investigate a fire after one man told them he believes it was arson. It all happened on Thursday, June 19 around 9:18 p.m.
That’s when La Porte Police and Fire responded to 230 Cable St. for a house fire.
The man, who was inside the home, told police that he was in the living room when he heard a "splashing" noise. He saw a moving light source and then saw the bathroom erupt into flames. He told police he believes someone poured gasoline in through the open bathroom window and threw a match inside, starting the fire.
He went on to say the house belongs to his father and is in the process of bank foreclosure.
If you have any information on this case you can call the La Porte Police Department at 362-9446, or at www.lpcitypd.com. You can remain anonymous.