MARSHALL COUNTY A family home caught fire in Marshall County during Wednesday night’s storms. It was likely started by lightning.
Around midnight, the homeowner went out to a shed in the 12600 of State Road 17 near Plymouth.
A family member tells NewsCenter 16 the owner was going to start a generator because electricity was flickering in the house. That's when the lightning bolt struck, knocking both him and his wife over.
The blaze got intense for a while, forcing firemen to evacuate the home.
Fortunately no one was injured and the fire was mostly out before 2a.m.