House fire in Bertrand Township

By: NewsCenter16 Staff Email
By: NewsCenter16 Staff Email

BERTRAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. - The quick-reaction of some Bertrand Township firefighters helped save a home from more damage Thursday morning.

Crews were about half a mile down the road, cleaning up from a previous barn fire, when the call came in.

Everyone made it out safe, and the damage was contained to one room.

Firefighters pulled the family’s dog and cat from the home and brought them outside.

Fire crews say there was minimal damage to the home from the fire, which was said to have been caused by a dryer.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email:
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 273077711 -