Two colleges that are 31 miles apart geographically, are suddenly closer together educationally.
A partnership agreement announced Thursday will allow any student who gets an associate’s degree at Ancilla College in Donaldson to apply all credits toward a four-year degree at Holy Cross College.
“Transfer of credits is extremely important because someone who is actually transferring from one college to another does not want to lose credits that they already earned, in a transfer so that's an important thing for sure,” said Brother John Paige, C.S.C., Holy Cross College President.
“About 70 % of our students do transfer to senior colleges upon completion at Ancilla,” said Ron May, President of Ancilla College. “The other 30 % are primarily are graduates in the nursing program who tend to go to work.”
Ancilla students can also take advantage of the tuition lock program at Holy Cross. That means, if someone enrolls in Ancilla in 2013, and later transfers, they will pay the Holy Cross tuition rates that were in effect in 2013.