There's a festival next weekend that is sure to bring out the beasts.
It's the Elkhart County Humane Society's Pet Fest, and there are some fun games and events your furry friend will want to try. It all takes place Saturday, August 16, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
We were joined Wednesday morning by Stephanie Krol, president of the Elkhart County Humane Society. Hear what she had to say by clicking on the attached video.
Listed below are just some of the details:
- Pet Fest will be held on National Homeless Animal Day as a way to honor the thousands of animals that enter animal shelters every year.
- Free toys will be available to all pets at registration.
- There will also be a group pet blessing and memorial prayer for homeless animals at 11:30 am at the gazebo. Individual pet blessings will also be offered by Reverend Amy Debeck.
- Contests include canine/owner water relay (you carry water while walking your dog), dogs dunking for dogs (dogs retrieving hot dogs floating in water), and musical hoops (similar to musical chairs). Contests will begin at 12:00 and all contest winners will be awarded a prize.
- On-Leash Agility Course - All the fun without the competition! Planet Canine will conduct an on leash agility course and demonstrations. Every participating pet will get a reward!
-Photography will be on site to take your pet's picture.
-Free refreshments will be offered to all pets and their human companions. Dog water bowls and splash pools will also be available to keep your pet cool and comfortable!
-Ron's River Dogs Hot Dog Stand will be selling their delicious food.
-Red Barn Resale Shop will be open during Pet Fest and offering 25 percent off all items!
-To ensure a healthy environment, all pets need to be up to date on their rabies and other vaccinations.
No pet to bring to Pet Fest? No problem! The Humane Society of Elkhart County will have animals available for adoption. We're even offering pet adopters the chance to adopt a second animal companion FREE!