UPDATE: Firefighters back on scene of Goshen fire

By: Newscenter 16 Email
By: Newscenter 16 Email

Firefighters battled a flare-up Saturday morning of a fire that started Friday at an Elkhart County home.

According to our reporting partners at the Elkhart Truth, homeowner Roelf Kuitse called 911 after he opened the front door to his home northeast of Goshen and found smoke inside.

It happened around 6:15 p.m. Friday at a home in the Buttonbush subdivision off of CR 28.

No one was injured but it took five different township fire departments to put out the flames.

At one point flames shot 30 feet into the air.

Kuitse says firefighters told him they are unsure of exactly how the fire began but that one firefighter said it may have started near an electrical box in the basement.

The fire rekindled around 7 a.m. Saturday and was extinguished around 12:30 p.m.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WNDU - Channel 16 54516 State Road 933 South Bend, IN 46637 Front Desk: 574-284-3000 Newsroom: 574-284-3016 Email: newscenter16@wndu.com
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 233101071 - wndu.com/a?a=233101071