One person has been taken to a local hospital after a fire broke out in an apartment in Mishawaka.
The call came in to dispatchers at around 6:15 a.m.
The apartment was a part of the Studio 12 Apartments located in the 2700-block of Grape Road.
Nobody was home at the time of the fire. A neighbor saw smoke and made the call for help.
Several nearby apartments ended up having smoke and water damage. One person was taken and treated at a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
Stay with newscenter 16 as we continue to follow this story.
Designed by Gray Digital Media