ELKHART, Ind. Now that all the snow is starting to melt and spring is finally here, the city of Elkhart wants to help you get rid of those leftover leaves.
The City of Elkhart Forestry Division plans to resume weekly brush pickup on Monday, March 31.
Mayor Dick Moore's office released the following list of guidelines:
1. Only brush from residential properties of four units or fewer will be collected.
2. Brush will be collected the same day as trash and recycling, and pickup can start as early as 6:00 a.m.
3. Brush should be placed in a pile no larger than four feet tall, four feet wide, and eight feet in length, with the cut ends of the brush facing the same direction.
4. Place brush on the ground, away from trees, power lines, and other obstructions.
5. Brush can be limbs and wood up to six inches in diameter and eight feet in length.
6. DO NOT place these items in your brush piles: trash, grass, leaves, root balls, vines, rocks, concrete, firewood, fence posts, or treated lumber.
For any questions regarding the schedule or guidelines, contact City Forester Daniel Coy at 970-0542 ext. 204.