Elkhart, Ind. A large Elkhart apartment building was evacuated Friday afternoon after one of the rooms caught on fire.
It happened around 12:15 p.m. at the Waterfall Highrise in the 300 block of Waterfall Drive.
Firefighters say the blaze started in a room on the 10th floor and appears to be accidental.
The resident suffered from smoke inhalation, but refused treatment.
Luckily, no one else was injured.
“People were coming down from the 9th and 10th and they smelled smoke on their floor,” explained Rudolph Stadlhofer, a resident.
Sarah Eastman also lives in the Waterfall Highrise.
“It made me nervous for whoever apartment that happened in," she said. "Because, I've been here 10 and-a-half years and I've got a lot of friends here, that's like family. And I sure don't want to see anybody hurt.”
The fire remains under investigation.
While the blaze didn't spread to other rooms, both the 9th and 10th floors have smoke and water damage.